Mulligatawny Soup all'Eccetera
1 can lowfat cream of chicken soup
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 large carrot, chopped
1 stick celery, chopped
1. Fry your spices in some oil in your stock pot. I used curry powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper. I do not have an ideal mix of proportions yet.
2. When the spices start to smoke or darken, add the chicken pieces and cook through.
3. While the chicken is cooking, you can microwave the vegetables.
4. Add the vegetables, the can of soup, a can of water and the rice to the stock pot.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. You can simmer as long as you like but it is pretty much ready to go as soon as it is warm through.
4 of 4 Fine Lames enjoyed this dish, but it could have used some onion.